Title IV Funding
Grace School of Theology has been approved to offer Title IV funding for our programs (except for the BSC and DBS programs). Follow these steps to apply for aid:
- Apply for an FSA ID: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Complete FAFSA and sign with FSA ID: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Complete the VFAO interview (can be done the same day as the FAFSA as long as the student signed with an FSA ID and was shown their EFC). Go to https://gsot.vfao.com/ to complete your interview. ***NOTE: You will need to register with a username and password.
- For Direct Loans: Sign the Federal Direct Loan MPN at https://studentloans.gov (Your award will not be able to be packaged until you sign you MPN)
- Complete Voluntary Consent to Participate in Electronic Transactions form.
After you have completed the steps above, either Weber and Associates, our third party processor, or Alyssa Himebaugh, Grace’s Financial Aid Administrator will contact you on the progress of your application.
Veterans’ Benefits for Credit-Seeking Students
Veterans’ benefits are available for eligible Grace students. Veterans who have not applied for VA benefits need to go to www.gibill.va.gov and fill out the requested information. Once the student receives their certificate of eligibility, their DD-214, their military transcripts and any transcripts from other schools, the Seminary can proceed with certifying the student under one of our programs.
For more information, contact Alyssa Himebaugh via email or at 713-897-8295.
Texas Hazelwood Act
The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children with an education benefit at public institutions of higher education in Texas. Because the Hazlewood Act is available only for use at a Texas public college or university, it is not available and does not apply to Grace School of Theology students and programs.
Military Tuition Assistance
We are proud to accept Military Tuition Assistance. To use military tuition assistance at Grace School of Theology, students must do the following each semester prior to the due date for tuition and fee payment:
- Read and complete the Sponsor/Third Party Payment Authorization form found at www.gsot.edu/student-forms
- Submit a copy of the tuition assistance voucher or letter to our Bursar – must specify what the military will pay and how Grace should invoice the military to receive funds.
Military students must pay any charges not covered by tuition assistance, or set up a payment plan by Grace’s established due date to avoid late fees and holds for balances due.
GRACE Tuition Assistance Program
Students can apply for tuition assistance by completing a request for tuition assistance form online. Students may be asked for an interview at the end of this process. Please contact Student Services for details.
Summer 2017 Tuition Assistance Schedule:
- Monday, March 27 – Online Application Open for Tuition Assistance Applications.
- Friday, April 21 – Deadline to Submit Applications for Tuition Assistance.
The awarding of tuition assistance, if any, is for the current semester registration only. Students must re-apply for tuition assistance before each semester registration. Please note: tuition assistance is not guaranteed. If you have any questions, contact Student Services for details.
Students can ask their church/ministry leaders as well as family and friends to support them financially to continue their theological training.
Tuition Benefit for Spouses
In order to encourage spouses to participate in training, Grace School of Theology offers a special tuition benefit. Spouses of credit students taking 6 or more credit hours in a semester may take courses for non-credit/audit in that semester with no charge for tuition (fees still apply).
Contact Alyssa Himebaugh for questions regarding any methods of Financial Aid.
Grace Financial Aid Policies
Grace Consumer Information
Job Placement Rates for Graduates*
*Grace makes no representation regarding the employability of its graduates nor does it offer placement services to students or alumni. The school maintains a “Career Services” web page to help the Christian community offer its employment opportunities to students and alumni. Grace does not make any statistical representations related to alumni employment.